Most of us spend our whole lives looking for LOVE, forgetting that our Father gives us perfect little opportunities to fall in love everyday.

Join us for a laugh and a smile!

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Thursday Toss Up – A good blanket can conquer “The Thing.”

Sometimes it’s hard to look on the bright side.  There are days when it takes a real effort, and might be a bit of a stretch to come up with something to love.
This weekend, I had a couple of those days.  It started with some sneezing and some general malaise, then quickly progressed to a stuffy head, faucet nose, burning, watery eyes, and narcolepsy. You know:  The usual seasonal bug that most teachers get at least once a year.
So, never being one to forsake comfort for the sake of fashion, I schlepped around in old sweats with a bright pink Turbie Twist for most of the weekend.  I’m one of those folks who takes multiple showers every day that I’m sick, so to keep the wet hair off my shivery, feverish body, I pretty much kept the turbie look going all weekend between showers. 
With the unpredictability of the faucet nose, I also spent a lot of time laying around with tissues stuck up my nostrils and hot packs draped over my lap.  Along with a complete lack of makeup, my general ansemble was pure HOTNESS.  Ask my husband.  He would agree.
I amused myself by internally acquiring a personal nickname: “The Thing.” 
If I made it to my bed for my periodic attacks of narcolepsy, I found comfort in a recent splurge.  After expressing jealousy over some of my kids’ dreamy baby blankets the past few years, I finally decided that there was no reason I couldn’t also have a fluffy, delicious, heavenly blanket of my own.  I found a king size at Ross that was ridiculously cheap and took it home to transform my bed into a cloud.
Even in the most disgusting of personal states, this blanket makes me feel like I’m on a personal vacation.  Going to sleep turns into an intentional act of indulgence.  It’s like going to sleep in the arms of a big bunny rabbit…. (if you don’t think that’s too weird….)
I LOVE this blanket.
If you have trouble sleeping, or just want the few hours you’re allotted to be plush and dreamy, splurge on your own little slice of heaven.  I can’t praise these blankets enough.

3 comments:

amber said...

Hope you're feeling better Rachae! Cozy blankets do bring sweet dreams!

Allyson McGuire said...

I know how you feel...that sort of gunk lives in West Tennessee! I hope you're feeling better, and that blanket looks incredible! I also stopped by to let you know that I nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award. It's for newer blogs with under 200 followers that deserve a pat on the back for being amazing. You can check out my blog for all the details!

Allyson
http://cupcakescandycanes.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Take care and feel better soon!! It's never fun being sick!
-Anna

Post a Comment

 
Blog Templates by Delicious Design Studio